Friday, August 25, 2006

Some Kinda Fun

It's pretty late right now; Claire and I just got back from seeing Canadian punk legends Teenage Head play down the street from us. They're also from the Hammer, so they play here in town a lot. It was still great for me because I remember seeing them as a kid in the movie Class of 1984, which is one of my favorite movies. Every time we drive by the high school in Toronto where they shot the movie I point it out to Claire and annoy her to death. The crowd was great- very friendly and social. I was just thinking how humans form these social scenes and communities and extended families. Kurt Vonnegut once said that we'd be better off if we were all tied to tribes of about 40 people and responsible for each other in the tribe. I find little communities wherever I go. I think they must be hard-wired into us.

No comments: