Thursday, August 02, 2007

Damn foreigners!

I'm not alone- ''The number of U.S. citizens who moved to Canada last year hit a 30-year high, with a 20 percent increase over the previous year and almost double the number who moved in 2000." The official number was 10,942. But, since I'm not official yet (yes, I am a damn illegal!), it's at least 10,943.

Of course, remember that 23,913 Canadians went the other way. But let's be honest, Canadians who move to America have an economic incentive that isn't there when you're moving from America to Canada. ABC suggests that Americans coming to Canada are doing so for political reasons, which is certainly possible. Me, I did it to "get lucky"! But, since you get hurt financially doing it, there has to be some incentive to come here. Aside from curling.

Anyway, I like Canada; I call it 'America Lite'. It's like America, but less competitive and wound up all the time. That's probably because Canadians smoke more pot than any other industrialized country on earth! But, for whatever reason, I've been feeling much more at home here in the last year or so. So, welcome to Canada, eh!

No comments: